https://www.watercoloraffair.com/watercolor-mixing-chart-step-by-step/

This is a great tutorial I found to create a watercolour chart. The chart is intended to showcase all of the paints in your collection, as well as how they can be mixed to create different colours and shades. I used the chart as more of an exercise to practice mixing the paints, so I only picked a few colours to use. You start by painting sections straight from the tube/palette, then adding each colour together and painting swatches of each. The article from Watercolour Affair goes super in depth about technique and is perfect for a beginner painter.

I didn’t have much experience mixing colours when painting with watercolours before – I usually would just use them straight from the tube or palette, occasionally diluting them with some water. I found this experience slightly different from mixing acrylic paints – these particular paints were really pigmented and I didn’t need to use so much of one colour to change the shade. I also found that it wasn’t necessary to use a lot of paint to cover one area, I ended up using a tiny dot of each colour to paint all of the squares. This was a great practice exercise for mixing colours and one that will definitely come in handy when painting other pieces.