Photo by kike vega on Unsplash

As a part of our EPHE 310 (Physical Education) class, I have developed a personal short and long term goal using the SMART model. A SMART goal is Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound. For my health goal, I have chosen to try different yoga exercises until I find a routine that works for me. I have set aside time starting with 3 mornings a week to try different yoga routines that I find online. This is relevant to me because my physiotherapist recommended that I try yoga to cope with the effects of a car accident that I had at the end of July. I think that making it a part of my morning routine will not only physically help my body recover, but give me time to practice mindfulness which will help with my mental health in the long run. If I set aside specific, dedicated time for it, I will be able to stick to a routine and
eventually incorporate it into my day, long term. Once I find a routine that I enjoy and works for me, I will make it a permanent part of my day. I am aiming to eventually do a yoga routine 5/7 days a week, in the mornings.